40. Because I finally went to Mexico on Día de Los Muertos Spirit Day (festival of the dead) and discovered that sometimes the reality was completely different from my thought - Brad Cohen, explorer - BBC Travel
39. Because we have been to Seville, Spain in Feria Festival, which is the combination of flamenco music songs, girls with impressive costumes, dramatic bullfighting displays, vibrant horse races and delicious taste of sherry wine. - Amber Paulen, Contributor of BBC Travel.
Feria Festival in Seville, Spain. Photo: BBC Travel
39. Because when I saw a chicken trying to make a decision whether to cross the road in Hanoi or not, it made me think about the meaning of the great philosophical questions in my life. - David Farley, Editor of BBC Travel.
37. Because when I came to Bhutan, the most sacred and miraculous country I have ever visited, I was honored to do a job preparing and serving soup for young monks at a monastery. - Eric Ripert, chef.
36. Because on the JR Yamanote Line train route (train route around the perimeter of Tokyo), I made friend with a little child. This friendship reminded me that sometimes your age, language or geography were not the barriers to forming a true friendship. - Karina Martinez-Carter, Contributor of BBC Travel.
Friendship without borders started on JR Yamanote Line train route.
35. Because in Mid-Autumn Festival in Singapore, the sky of Lion Island will be brilliantly colorful, sparkling and lively, like a gallery on air - Abbie Kozolchyk, Writers.
34. Because I have visited Rio de Janeiro in a few weeks and now I can say that I saw the most beautiful city in the world. - Valerie Conners, Contributor of BBC Travel.
33. Because after having gone through all problems in my cruise to the mountains in the north of Cambodia (I was sweaty and rainwater, not including mosquito bites, mud-covered shoes, the exhausted body, ...), finally I was rewarded by seeing the huge faces carved into stone overlooking the four directions on the top of the tower. Right, then I knew that the world had too many things that made us surprised. - Don George, Editor of BBC Travel.
Giant faces were carved into stone overlooking the four directions on the top of the tower - Photo: BBC Travel
32. Because when trekking to the Ciudad Perdida La city, Colombia, I had learned that the joy when sharing my journey with others was tremendous. I had the opportunity to make friends with the other tourists, chefs and guides. - Candace Rose Rardon, Contributor of BBC Travel.
31. Because when I was walking along the Malecon coast in Havana, I admired a parade of classic sedans bringing the nostalgia of a long bygone era in America, but it was still very lively in Cuba. - Jeff Greenwald, Contributor of BBC Travel.
30. Because I have seen a cloudless day, yellow sunny day, blue sea like clear crystal and the spectacular cliffs when visiting the San Juan Islands in Washington. It was a chance for a thousand years. - Sam Champion, The Weather Channel (channel cable TV and basic satellite TV in the US).



No comments:
Post a Comment