Thursday, January 21, 2016

50 reasons to love the World (Part1)

How to know if the world is beautiful? How to know if you love the Earth where you were born? The best way but also the easiest way to discover the natural beauty of the world is to travel!
Here are 50 shares from the editors, contributors, writers, chefs, musicians, and photographers ... on BBC Travel about the reasons why they love this world, as well as how the world has inspired them.


50 reasons to love the World


50. Because of swimming alongside with humpback whales in Tonga, I see that how beautiful the creatures on this Earth are. - Lia Barrett, Contributor of BBC Travel.


49. Because I had visited Jamaica and saw firsthand 145 baby turtles breaking out of their nests and how madly they crawled to the sea. At that moment, I felt the greatness of the Creator as well as extremely admired the strength of instinct. - Mario Batali, chef.


48. Because I finally climbed to the top of the Duomo cathedral square, the symbol of Florence, Italy and admired the beautiful views which could not be perfect more. - Eric Weiner, Contributor of BBC Travel.

The Peak of Duomo cathedral square, the symbol of Florence, Italy. Photo: BBC Travel


47. Because while I traveled to Sierra Nevada Mountains in Colombia, the family of this Kogi girl has made me a glass of lemonade and how enthusiastically they welcomed me when I stepped into their world. - Simon Reeve, Broadcaster of BBC TV.

Besides a cute Kogi girl. Photo: BBC Travel


46. ​​Because I was involved in a fashion show in Kibera, the largest slum in Kenya, held by Shining Hope for Communities (a non-profit organization fighting against gender inequality and poverty in Kibera slum, Nairobi, Kenya). The participants wore the costumes made from condoms to promote safe sex. - Nicholas Kristof, author of the book A Path Appears.


Fashion show in Kibera, the largest slum in Kenya. Photo: BBC Travel


45. Because no matter what my purpose to travel around the world is, in the end, I want to return Yosemite waterfall (located in Yosemite National Park in the Sierra Nevada, California). Even the more I travel, the more I love this place, even I have considered it is my home. - Jimmy Chin, Photographer.


44. Because finally I followed the footstep of Ernest Shackleton, who made the expedition and great photography on South Georgia island, Antarctica 100 years ago. - Allison Busacca, Editor BBC Travel.


43. Because sometimes the astonishing beauty of the Taj Mahal must also give place to the simple beauty everyday life like this. - Gavin Haines, Contributor of BBC Travel.


42. Because after many years of enjoying Malbec grapes wine at dinners or in restaurants in Argentina, finally I saw with my own eyes the grapes harvest in Mendoza. - Bridget Gleeson, Contributor of BBC Travel.

41. Because when enjoying the sunrise at Torres del Paine National Park in Chile, I suddenly felt myself become very small. - Andy Isaacson, author.

No comments:

Post a Comment